- Startled? A common excuse for the NKJV is; “All it does is modernize the words of the KJV Bible, right?” Wrong. “It’s based on the Textus Receptus, though.” No. It is only partially based on the Textus Receptus. Dr. Arthur Farstad, chairman of the NKJV Executive Review Committee which had the responsibility of final text approval, stated that this committee was about equally divided as to which was the better Greek New Testament text — the Textus Receptus or the Westcott-Hort. I singled out the New King James Version over the other perverted versions, because it seems to be the “best” counterfeit. In other words, it’s the most cleverly hidden deception. The one that for some is the hardest to distinguish as being fake. As you read these “modifications,” keep in mind: Things that are different are not the same. Here are 9 of the 100,000 changes in the NKJV to take a look at:
- Romans 4:26: Changes “for” to “because” (Does our justification depend on His resurrection, or does His resurrection depend on our justification?)
“Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.” KJV✓
“Who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification.” NKJV
- Genesis 2:28: Changes “an help meet for him” to “a helper comparable to him” (Is a woman who is in the same league as man going to be much of a “helper” to him? What do you think is encouraging the feminist mindset among Christian women who strive to be equal to men instead of a helpmeet for men? That’s really huge.)
“And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.” KJV✓
“And the LORD God said, “It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.” NKJV
- Matthew 7:14: Changes “narrow is the way” to “difficult is the way” (Doesn’t that sound discouraging? Is it difficult to get saved?)
“Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.” KJV✓
“Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.” NKJV
- Zechariah 9:17: Changes “his” to “their” (The NKJV steals God’s glory and gives it to the Israelites. The Bible says, “I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8 What a grave sin!)
“For how great is His goodness, and how great is His beauty! corn shall make the young men cheerful, and new wine the maids.” KJV✓
“For how great is their goodness and how great their beauty! Grain shall make the young men thrive, and new wine the young women.” NKJV
- 1 Corinthians 1:18: Changes “unto us which are saved” to “to us who are being saved” (I don’t know about you, but I’m not “being saved”! They are trying to plant doubt. Is salvation a process—works salvation — or a one time settlement?)
“For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.” KJV✓
“For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.” NKJV
- 2 Kings 23:29: Changes “went against” to “went to the aid” (Changing history—wow!)
“In his days Pharaohnechoh king of Egypt went up against the king of Assyria to the river Euphrates:” KJV✓
“In his days Pharaoh Necho king of Egypt went to the aid of the king of Assyria, to the River Euphrates;” NKJV
- Acts 17:29: Changes “Godhead” to “Divine Nature” like NIV, NASV
“Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.” KJV✓
“Therefore, since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man’s devising.” NKJV
- Acts 4:27-30: Changes “holy child Jesus” to “holy Servant Jesus” like NIV, NASV, NRSV, RSV (Was Jesus God’s servant or His Son?)
“For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together, For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done. And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word, By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.” KJV✓
“For truly against Your holy Servant Jesus, whom You anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the people of Israel, were gathered together to do whatever Your hand and Your purpose determined before to be done. Now, Lord, look on their threats, and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word, by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus.” NKJV
- Genesis 22:17 Changes “thy seed” to “your descendants” (The promises to Abraham and his seed were to a singular seed, Jesus. Not the Jews — I’ll do a separate post more on that sometime.) The NKJV contradicts itself by first saying in Genesis:
“Blessing I will bless you…and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies.” NKJV
And then it says in Galatians 3:16:
“Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as of many, but as of one, “And to your Seed,” who is Christ.” NKJV
So first the NKJV says the promises were to Abraham’s descendants, and then it says the promises were to Abraham’s Seed, Christ. What the Bible (I don’t consider these poorly translated versions Bibles) says is:
“That in blessing I will bless thee…and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;” Genesis 22:17 KJV✓
“Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.” Galatians 3:16 KJV✓
Hell is removed 22 times
Blood is removed 23 times
Repent is removed 44 times
Heaven is removed 50 times
God is removed 50 times
Lord is removed 66 times
The words “damn” & “damned” & “damnation” are COMPLETELY removed from the NKJV.
Why would you drink water that’s impure? Why would you feed on food that’s been contaminated? Why would you call this book God’s Word when it steals His glory? What do you have to claim from this contradictory book?
- Jesus said false prophets were to be judged by their fruits. The NKJV is partly responsible, along with other modern Bible versions, for a generation of compromising and worldly Christians, who have turned away from the truth to fables. The Bible must be judged by its internal accuracy and integrity, where the NKJV miserably flunks by its blithe use of words and compromise with other manuscript families and versions.
- Any Bible that treats His Word lightly is not a Bible endorsed by God, for He has made known that every word is important and the basis for true doctrine. God’s ministers are to “preach the word,” not ten to twenty different versions of it!
The Bible stands like a rock undaunted ‘Mid the raging storms of time;
Its pages burn with the truth eternal, And glow with a light sublime.
The Bible stands like a mountain towering Far above the works of man;
Its truth by none ever was refuted, And destroy it they never can.
The Bible stands and it will forever, When the world has passed away;
By inspiration it has been given, All its precepts I will obey.
The Bible Stands every test we give it, For its Author is Divine;
By grace alone I expect to live it, And to prove it and make it mine.
The Bible stands tho’ the hills may tumble,
It will firmly stand when the earth shall crumble;
I will plant my feet on its firm foundation,
For the Bible stands, The Bible stands.
I care about you and your decision on what version you use. This is written for you to be strengthened in your conviction, or convinced if you’re not sure.
“Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.” Proverbs 30:5-6